Welcome to the Canine Freestyle Federation
Performance Learning Center
An On-Line Training Website!
Freestyle DogWork, the official training technique of the Canine Freestyle Federation, will change your perceptions about training. This training technique has successfully prepared teams in the discipline of Canine Freestyle in the Sport of Dogs for over twenty years.
There are four trainable skills in Canine Freestyle; DogWork addresses each:
- Movement technically executed relative to the 3 Reference positions, front, heel and thunder on the right and left side.
- Performance artistically expressing a behavior or quality as a design or shape in a presentation space rhythmically and dynamically to communicate to observers an intent or purpose.
- Choreography created with music selected to
- enhance and focus the dog's movement advantageously and to express the working relationship developed by the training
- express intents and purpose of the presentation as a test for training artistically
- fulfill the definition of the discipline and the rules for competition and titling events to illustrate "in an artistic and creative manner."
- Dog training with the more positive forms of operant conditioning to train freestyle teams.
Joan Tennille 2014
Visit the New Training Section: