An Online Training Website!
CanineFreestyle DogWork®, the official training technique of the Canine Freestyle Federation, will change your perceptions about training. This training technique has successfully prepared teams in the discipline of Canine Freestyle in the Sport of Dogs for over twenty years.
There are four trainable skills in Canine Freestyle; DogWork addresses each:
- Movement technically executed relative to the 3 Reference positions, front, heel and thunder on the right and left side.
- Performance artistically expressing a behavior or quality as a design or shape in a presentation space rhythmically and dynamically to communicate to observers an intent or purpose.
- Choreography created with music selected to
- enhance and focus the dog's movement advantageously and to express the working relationship developed by the training
- express intents and purpose of the presentation as a test for training artistically
- fulfill the definition of the discipline and the rules for competition and titling events to illustrate "in an artistic and creative manner."
- Dog training with the more positive forms of operant conditioning to train freestyle teams.
Everything you will need to teach, train or compete in this discipline can be found on this site. DogWork is an exceptional training technique. Each team creates their own unique test artistry and creativity. This technique has successfully trained exhibiters for over twenty years. As creator of CanineFreestyle DogWork® and the founder of our sport, I am proud to bring you the Learning Resource Center. Inside you will find articles, teaching syllabi for levels I-IV, technical execution videos, creative improvs and studies. Please enjoy your training journey and connect with others on our forum to discuss your training experiences.
Joan Tennille 2014